Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of this Competition is SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. of 416 Maetan-3dong, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, 443-742 Korea (the “Promoter”).
- This Competition is open to all persons [in the Territories (as defined below)] aged 18 or over only.
- [The “Territories” means Australia, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.]
- Employees or agents of the Promoter or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to this Competition are not eligible to enter.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- There are two prizes in each Competition Period (the “Prizes”).
- The Prizes will be awarded to one randomly selected Participant in each Competition Period.
- The Prizes in each Competition Period are:
- A print of the most popular photograph on the Promoter’s Competition Tumblr page (http://samsungcamera.tumblr.com) (the “Tumblr Page”) in that Competition Period by reference to the total number of times all photographs on the Tumblr Page have been shared by visitors on social media websites during that Competition Period.
- A Samsung GALAXY Camera.
- The Prizes carry no cash value, are non-transferable and may not be substituted by the Winner (as defined below). The Promoter may substitute a reward of equal or greater value for the Prizes.
- The Competition runs weekly and is open from 5 November 2012 until 12.00 (GMT) on 4 January 2013. There are a total of eight periods (each separately referred to as a “Competition Period”) as follows:
- Week 1: 26 November – 23.59 (GMT) 29 November 2012
- Week 2: 00.00 (GMT) 30 November – 23.59 (GMT) 6 December 2012
- Week 3: 00.00 (GMT) 7 December – 23.59 (GMT) 13 December 2012
- Week 4: 00.00 (GMT) 14 December – 23.59 (GMT) 20 December 2012
- Week 5: 00.00 (GMT) 21 December - 23.59 (GMT) 27 December 2012
- Week 6: 00.00 (GMT) 28 December – 23.59 (GMT) 3 January 2012
- Week 7: 00.00 (GMT) 4 January – 23.59 (GMT) 10 January 2012
- Week 8: 00.00 (GMT) 11 January – 12.00 (GMT) 17 January 2012
- To enter the Competition Participants must go to (http://samsungcamera.tumblr.com), enter all required information including their full name, town of residence and email address and submit their entry into the Competition (the “Entry”).
- The winning Entry in a Competition Period (the “Winner”) will be selected at random after the end of that Competition Period from the entries received in that Competition Period (the “Entries”). Entries that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of data.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to disqualify Entries which it considers do not comply with these terms and conditions or any Participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Competition.
- Participants may only enter the Competition once. If multiple Entries are received from the same Participant, all Entries from that Participant will be deemed invalid and removed from the Competition.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of the Participant.
- Entries must be made by the Participant, and must not be made through agents or third parties.
- Fully completed Entries must be sent to be received no later than the end of the final Competition Period. Entries received after the final Competition Period will not be eligible.
- The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any Entry (including winning Entries) if the Participant concerned or anyone authorised by the Participant to deal with their Entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other Participants or the Promoter’s staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If a winning Entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prizes to another Participant.
Announcement of Winner and Notification
- The Winner will be notified using the email address provided in their Entry (the “Notification”). The Winner will have 7 days from the date that the Notification is sent to claim their Prizes by sending a reply to the Notification email.
- In the event that a Winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the Prizes in the time required, the Winner or Substitute Winner shall forfeit their Prizes and it will be awarded to a substitute (the “Substitute Winner”), who shall be the next randomly selected Entry in accordance with clause 7 above.
- The Winner for each Competition Period will be announced on or after:
- Week 1: 30 November 2012
- Week 2: 7 December 2012
- Week 3: 14 December 2012
- Week 4: 21 December 2012
- Week 5: 28 December 2012
- Week 6: 4 January 2012
- Week 7: 11 January 2012
- Week 8: 18 January 2012
- Details of each Winner will be published on the following website: (http://samsungcamera.tumblr.com)
Privacy and Data Protection
- By entering the Competition, Participants agree and consent to the Promoter, anyone administering the Competition on its behalf, and any of its affiliates using the Entry for any purpose.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the details contained in the Winner’s Entry.
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Competition, the details and information provided by the Participant in completing the Entry or claiming a Prizes will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Competition whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and conditions of this Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive Entries due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or Entries; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, the Participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any Prizes (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- This Competition is governed by English law, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Participant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition.